Manager, Business Operations & Strategy
To support our rapid growth, we need to take on new initiatives that require careful strategic planning and execution. Our BizOps team combines data analysis, research, and business experience to identify the right initiatives to tackle. The team helps create the business case for each initiative, work with stakeholders from around the business (including marketing, content acquisition, product, and engineering) to ensure effective execution, and objectively evaluate the results.
Our BizOps team plays a central role in the regular diagnostic deep dives we conduct to identify risks and opportunities in the business, coordinating with multiple teams to collect the right data and help set priorities coming out of these deep dives.
Our team also plays a special role in supporting the marketing team, bringing our mix of strategic planning, analysis, and execution to cross-channel marketing initiatives. Marketing experience will therefore be key to a BizOps manager’s success.
The right candidate will love data, with expertise in querying and manipulating data in order to assess current performance and identify trends and strategic opportunities to improve customer acquisition, retention, and engagement. The candidate will also have a deep understanding of marketing, including acquisition funnels, e-commerce businesses, go-to-market strategy, and digital and non-digital channel management.
There are three primary areas of responsibility for this role:
(a) Strategic Analysis
- Coordinate regular deep dives into our company’s performance to identify risks and opportunities across marketing, content, product, and customer landscape
- Translate big-picture ideas into phased plans for analysis and testing to validate hypotheses efficiently (crawl, walk, run)
- Build business cases for initiatives by estimating costs and benefits, understanding cross-functional impacts and working with stakeholders to validate estimates
- Present opportunities to rest of business to get cross-functional buy-in
(b) Marketing Support
- Build marketing dashboards and reports to surface data at the time of acquisition to improve the efficiency of our marketing efforts
- Be a thought-leader in marketing analytics working with channel managers on data-driven initiatives
- Improve Unit Economics and Marketing Efficiency (by marketing channel, paid/organic sources)
- Partner with Analytics team on improving and maintain tracking systems, identifying 3rd party platforms, and completing deep dives into marketing performance.
- Partner with Finance team on forecasting, budgeting and spend reconciliation.
(c) Test Execution
- Plan on-site and off-site tests to validate strategic hypotheses
- Follow through on every part of market tests, from conception to execution to analysis, working with stakeholders as needed but ultimately taking full responsibility for every aspect of test plan
- Track test results, leading testing meetings to ensure clear communication
- Make recommendations on go/no-go decisions for rolling out test more broadly based on analysis / feedback, determine additional testing that may be warranted
Desired Applicant Experience:
- 2+ years of marketing, analytics, and/or strategy experience with experience in e-commerce or consulting, ideally with direct experience in channel management, funnel analysis, and test execution.
- Experience executing marketing-oriented initiatives
- A demonstrated track record of manipulating data sets and building sophisticated models (more than just basic Excel experience)
- Expertise in using analytics tools (more than just basic Google Analytics experience)
- Strong analytical skills and comfort breaking down and attacking open ended problems
- Attention to detail and ability to manage tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment
- Desire to contribute to the hyper-growth and culture of a successful technology company
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with strong track record of academic performance